About this Session
For too long, procurement has been seen as the poor second cousin of other business functions. To truly become strategic, procurement executives must be able to harness the power of influence, using data and analytics to create a business case and be able to sell the value of what strategic supply management can achieve for the business and for the customer.
This one-of-a-kind executive development program is designed specifically to provide high-potential procurement leaders with the tools and strategies needed to make dramatic improvements to their organization’s procurement practices in the digital age.
Through this program, participants will learn modern procurement strategies and frameworks, as well as how to assess current conditions for the purpose of choosing and implementing a strategy that will provide the greatest potential for added economic value and competitive advantage.
Date & Location
Clients can request their ideal dates and location when completing the session request form.
$3,500 base price (for a group of up to 30 participants*).
- Understand future faces of procurement
- Understand the role procurement plays in creating value
- Develop tools to engage stakeholders to define value
- Develop a roadmap for procurement evolution as a net relationship broker
- Understand how suppliers can drive innovation and revenue enhancement
- Assessment of procurement maturity
- Development of insights on future path and capabilities of procurement
- Engage in collaborative case studies and role plays
Who Should Attend?
- Those who are new to a role in procurement
- High-potentials seeking to move to strategic roles
- Finance, HR, and IT executives seeking to learn more about the role of procurement
Dr. Rob Handfield
Rob Handfield is the Bank of America University Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management at North Carolina State University and director of the Supply Chain Resource Cooperative. He is a renowned thought leader in the field of supply chain management, and is an industry expert in the fields of strategic sourcing, supply market intelligence, and supplier development.
Dr. Handfield has consulted with over 25 Fortune 500 companies, including GlaxoSmithKline, Freightliner, Boston Scientific, Delphi, Chevron, British Petroleum, Nortel Networks, Chevron Phillips, Lyondell Chemical, Conoco Phillips, Federal Express, Milliken, and others.
Facilitating your session is easy with our Program PACKages.
Every Short Session comes with a Program PACKage: a carefully-crafted toolbox designed to help you deliver your program with ease. Contents include:
- resources for pre-program communications (to keep your participants informed about logistics/details for the upcoming session)
- a ‘best practices’ guide to assist with in-session support for your participants (while your instructor delivers their content)
- an outline for providing your participants with essential post-session follow-up communications
Don’t want to handle the planning? For an additional fee, you can hire one of our Exec Ed staff members to serve as your program manager; simply select the “Program Management Support” add-on option when completing your session request form.
Individuals satisfactorily completing a course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
NC State Executive Education has successfully delivered this session to teams from the following organizations:
*For organizations with far fewer than 30 participants, we will work to pair you with another organization to disperse the cost and maximize your value.