About this Session
This unique program experience helps leaders with no financial background understand the fundamentals of cash flow and statement analysis, as well as provide more experienced executives with insights on resource and investment planning. Participants complete a hands-on simulation that allows them to “run their own business,” including making decisions on product development and pricing as well as managing short and long-term financial plans. Past clients have used this experience to support post-program workshops that identified significant cost savings and growth opportunities.
Date & Location
Clients can request their ideal dates and location when completing the session request form.
$3,500 base price (for a group of up to 30 participants*).
$170/person for simulation
- Learn how to interpret financial statements and use them to make informed decisions
- Be able to provide more insights for resource planning purposes
- Be able to engage in and utilize financial competitive analysis
- Participants complete a hands-on simulation that allows them to “run their own business”, including making decisions on product development and pricing as well as managing short and long-term financial plans.
Who Should Attend?
- Business unit leaders
- Technical and HR executives
- Sales managers
- Manufacturing leaders
- Small business executives
Dr. Helmut H. Hergeth is an Associate Professor in the College of Textiles at NC State University. He holds a BS degree in Textiles from North Carolina State University, an MBA and a Ph.D. in Business Management from the Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet in Muenster, Germany.
Helmut Hergeth joined the faculty of the College of Textiles at NC State in 1991. Prior to this he worked for Akzo-Nobel's Fiber and Polymer Division in Germany and in the United States as Export Manager and as Marketing Manager. He also worked as a Researcher at the Forschungsstelle fuer allgemeine und Textile Marktwirtschaft at the Westfalische Wilhelms-Universitat, Münster, Germany, working on forecasting and investment decisions for the textile industry.
Facilitating your session is easy with our Program PACKages.
Every Short Session comes with a Program PACKage: a carefully-crafted toolbox designed to help you deliver your program with ease. Contents include:
- resources for pre-program communications (to keep your participants informed about logistics/details for the upcoming session)
- a ‘best practices’ guide to assist with in-session support for your participants (while your instructor delivers their content)
- an outline for providing your participants with essential post-session follow-up communications
Don’t want to handle the planning? For an additional fee, you can hire one of our Exec Ed staff members to serve as your program manager; simply select the “Program Management Support” add-on option when completing your session request form.
Individuals satisfactorily completing a course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
NC State Executive Education has successfully delivered this session to teams from the following organizations:
*For organizations with far fewer than 30 participants, we will work to pair you with another organization to disperse the cost and maximize your value.