About this Session
In this session, participants will explore the various aspects that comprise a person’s identity and gain a greater understanding of the social, cultural and individual factors that shape each person’s unique perspective, values and identity.
Date & Location
Clients can request their ideal dates and location when completing the session request form.
$3,500 base price (for a group of up to 30 participants*).
- Understand and apply the concept of inclusive leadership
- Value and understand that we are more than what we see
- Explain to hiring managers your understanding of bias
- Recognize the “background apps” that can get in the way of effective communication
- Adjust your lexicon to appropriately and effectively communicate with others
- Hold peers and colleagues accountable to high ethical standards
- Identity Location Activity
- Small group discussions
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders launching diversity and inclusion strategies who want to model inclusive behavior for their organizations.
- Business unit-level leaders interested in developing self-awareness to manage a diverse work team.
- Employees seeking to broaden their cultural competence and emotional intelligence for high impact management of teams.
Tayah is the director of diversity and inclusion at the Poole College of Management where she leads mission-critical initiatives that provide students with the development of comfortable and fluid inter-group cultural competence.
Previously, Tayah was a diversity champion at the University of Oregon’s Lundquist College of Business where she launched Building Business Leaders, a program that prepared minority students for management and leadership opportunities, which sparked the school’s cultural initiative to seek equity and inclusion in everything it did.
Tayah draws much of her inspiration and expertise from her frequent world travels, as well as her education from Pacific Lutheran University, where she was instilled with a strong sense of duty to care for other and nourish empathy for all.
Facilitating your session is easy with our Program PACKages.
Every Short Session comes with a Program PACKage: a carefully-crafted toolbox designed to help you deliver your program with ease. Contents include:
- resources for pre-program communications (to keep your participants informed about logistics/details for the upcoming session)
- a ‘best practices’ guide to assist with in-session support for your participants (while your instructor delivers their content)
- an outline for providing your participants with essential post-session follow-up communications
Don’t want to handle the planning? For an additional fee, you can hire one of our Exec Ed staff members to serve as your program manager; simply select the “Program Management Support” add-on option when completing your session request form.
Individuals satisfactorily completing a course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
NC State Executive Education has successfully delivered this session to teams from the following organizations:
*For organizations with far fewer than 30 participants, we will work to pair you with another organization to disperse the cost and maximize your value.