About this Session
In this session, you will learn to use a structured approach to critical thinking by applying elements to analyze issues and generate solutions. Interactive assignments will provide practice in problem solving.
Date & Location
Clients can request their ideal dates and location when completing the session request form.
$3,500 base price (for a group of up to 30 participants*).
- Systematically analyze and evaluate information, concepts, and ideas in order to identify underlying assumptions, purposes, and questions, and synthesize this knowledge logically to form conclusions and recognize implications of those conclusions
- Develop a shared understanding of your industry, discipline, or business role
- Evaluate the eight elements of thought using nine intellectual standards (accuracy, clarity, precision, depth, breadth, relevance, fairness, significance, and logic)
- Identify language barriers in written articles and practice using SEE-I approach for written communication
- Analyze a short business-related dilemma
- Share analysis in pairs and with fellow participants
- Analyze your discipline or profession, using the elements of thought
- Work together to develop a shared understanding of your industry, discipline, or business role
Who Should Attend?
- Those who want to develop critical thinking skills
- Those who want a structured approach to reasoned thinking
Eileen Taylor PhD, CPA, CFE
Eileen is a Certified Public Accountant in North Carolina, and is a Certified Fraud Examiner. She served as the chairperson on the NCSU Common Reading Selection Committee, and currently chairs the NCSU Recruiting Diverse Faculty Committee. Eileen has co-edited the 'Journal of Information Systems' special issue on AIS and Ethics and is currently co-editing the 'Routledge Companion on Accounting and Ethics'.
Dr. Taylor’s areas of research include Ethics and Whistleblowing and Accounting Information Systems. Her notable published works include, most recently, “Mentoring: A Path to pro-social behavior”, “Developmental mentoring, organizational commitment and knowledge sharing in public accounting firms”, and “Whistleblowing on fraud for pay: Can I trust you?”.
Facilitating your session is easy with our Program PACKages.
Every Short Session comes with a Program PACKage: a carefully-crafted toolbox designed to help you deliver your program with ease. Contents include:
- resources for pre-program communications (to keep your participants informed about logistics/details for the upcoming session)
- a ‘best practices’ guide to assist with in-session support for your participants (while your instructor delivers their content)
- an outline for providing your participants with essential post-session follow-up communications
Don’t want to handle the planning? For an additional fee, you can hire one of our Exec Ed staff members to serve as your program manager; simply select the “Program Management Support” add-on option when completing your session request form.
Individuals satisfactorily completing a course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
NC State Executive Education has successfully delivered this session to teams from the following organizations:
*For organizations with far fewer than 30 participants, we will work to pair you with another organization to disperse the cost and maximize your value.