About this Session
This session is designed to raise awareness of cultural similarities and differences around the world and how they influence working across cultural boundaries and in global teams. You will be exposed to the most evidence-based approach for understanding cultural values, and how such values influence work-related beliefs and attitudes.
Throughout the session, special attention is paid to how to increase the effectiveness of globally diverse teams. Additional topics covered include understanding your own cultural intelligence (CQ) and how to improve on the various dimensions within CQ. You will also learn about the leadership behaviors that are universally culturally endorsed and rejected, and those that are dependent on cultural differences.
Date & Location
Clients can request their ideal dates and location when completing the session request form.
$3,500 base price (for a group of up to 30 participants*).
- Become exposed to the most evidence-based approach for understanding cultural values
- Learn about your own cultural values
- Learn the leadership behaviors that are universally culturally endorsed and rejected, and those that are culturally dependent
- Be able to recognize the most important attributes of successful global leaders
- Understand how cultural values influence work-related beliefs and attitudes
- Understand your own cultural intelligence
- Understand how to improve various dimensions within your cultural intelligence
Participants will engage through:
- a hands-on roleplay used to demonstrate how different cultural values affect global performance.
- team activities that allow you to practice various roles in fictitious companies.
- post-roleplay discussions for the purpose of sharing experiences and formulating action plans for improving the functioning of global teams.
Who Should Attend?
- Global team members/leaders
- Organizational leaders moving to a global model
Dr. Brad Kirkman is the Department Head of Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Poole College of Management and is world renowned for his research on teams. He is an award-winning author and has worked with companies on issues such as leading global virtual teams, enhancing team effectiveness, working across cultural boundaries, and increasing leadership effectiveness.
Facilitating your session is easy with our Program PACKages.
Every Short Session comes with a Program PACKage: a carefully-crafted toolbox designed to help you deliver your program with ease. Contents include:
- resources for pre-program communications (to keep your participants informed about logistics/details for the upcoming session)
- a ‘best practices’ guide to assist with in-session support for your participants (while your instructor delivers their content)
- an outline for providing your participants with essential post-session follow-up communications
Don’t want to handle the planning? For an additional fee, you can hire one of our Exec Ed staff members to serve as your program manager; simply select the “Program Management Support” add-on option when completing your session request form.
Individuals satisfactorily completing a course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
NC State Executive Education has successfully delivered this session to teams from the following organizations:
*For organizations with far fewer than 30 participants, we will work to pair you with another organization to disperse the cost and maximize your value.