About this Session
Corporate cultures capable of “inventing the future” are rare. Fortunately, the emerging discipline of design thinking provides professionals with the tools and techniques necessary to think differently, see new opportunities, and create innovative solutions with impact.
This expert-guided workshop reveals the design thinking fundamentals required to build innovation confidence and competence. Through interactive, team-based exercises, this session provides your organization with the knowledge it needs to innovate and change the future. This session is suitable for all organizational functions and levels.
Date & Location
Clients can request their ideal dates and location when completing the session request form.
$3,500 base price (for a group of up to 30 participants*).
$250/person for simulation experience (optional)
- Gain a deeper understanding of design thinking principles that enable better innovation.
- Practice key design thinking tools and techniques through immersive exercises.
- Identify how design thinking can be applied at your organization for more innovative products, services, and processes.
- Interactive, team-based exercises
- Immersive, software-based design thinking simulation (optional; additional cost required)
Who Should Attend?
- Everyone involved in creating better products, services, brands, processes, and culture to benefit customers and the organization.
Dr. Bohlmann is Professor of Marketing at the Poole College of Management at North Carolina State University. His research interests focus on innovation and product development, marketing strategy, and team decision-making. Dr. Bohlmann’s work has been featured in numerous press outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and the Daily Mail(London). Dr. Bohlmann received a Ph.D. in management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and served on the faculty of Purdue University and Michigan State University prior to his arrival in 2008 at NC State.
Facilitating your session is easy with our Program PACKages.
Every Short Session comes with a Program PACKage: a carefully-crafted toolbox designed to help you deliver your program with ease. Contents include:
- resources for pre-program communications (to keep your participants informed about logistics/details for the upcoming session)
- a ‘best practices’ guide to assist with in-session support for your participants (while your instructor delivers their content)
- an outline for providing your participants with essential post-session follow-up communications
Don’t want to handle the planning? For an additional fee, you can hire one of our Exec Ed staff members to serve as your program manager; simply select the “Program Management Support” add-on option when completing your session request form.
Individuals satisfactorily completing a course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
NC State Executive Education has successfully delivered this session to teams from the following organizations:
*For organizations with far fewer than 30 participants, we will work to pair you with another organization to disperse the cost and maximize your value.