About this Session
This session is designed to introduce you to foundational concepts in identifying business opportunities, as well as specific product and service opportunities within your organization. You will learn approaches for developing innovation and creativity, while incorporating your own experiences and those of your fellow participants to understand and use the various sources of business opportunity perspectives.
Date & Location
Clients can request their ideal dates and location when completing the session request form.
$3,500 base price (for a group of up to 30 participants*).
- Gain insights into the creativity and innovation processes
- Understand an overview of business opportunity identification approaches
- Develop insights into linking opportunities with value creation
- Gain insights into business opportunity identification perspectives
- Learn how to leverage business opportunities to create value for stakeholders
- Gain insights into the role of technology within business opportunities
- Assist participants in identifying their own business opportunities relevant to their existing or proposed business
Who Should Attend?
- Corporate-level or business unit-level leaders interested in business model innovation
- High-potential managers seeking to broaden their experiences regarding business innovation and creativity
- Technology and innovation leaders focused on bridging the technology and product/service gap
Dr. Carr is the Jenkins Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship at Poole College. He has experience as an entrepreneur and business investor in healthcare and e-commerce industry spaces. He has consulted with entrepreneurs and family business leaders, providing guidance on business models, innovation and technology management, leadership selection, and strategic planning. He has also worked closely with government organizations and defense industry partners.
Facilitating your session is easy with our Program PACKages.
Every Short Session comes with a Program PACKage: a carefully-crafted toolbox designed to help you deliver your program with ease. Contents include:
- resources for pre-program communications (to keep your participants informed about logistics/details for the upcoming session)
- a ‘best practices’ guide to assist with in-session support for your participants (while your instructor delivers their content)
- an outline for providing your participants with essential post-session follow-up communications
Don’t want to handle the planning? For an additional fee, you can hire one of our Exec Ed staff members to serve as your program manager; simply select the “Program Management Support” add-on option when completing your session request form.
Individuals satisfactorily completing a course will receive documentation to apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours.
NC State Executive Education has successfully delivered this session to teams from the following organizations:
*For organizations with far fewer than 30 participants, we will work to pair you with another organization to disperse the cost and maximize your value.