Departments and Affiliations
Dr. Rada Chirkova is Associate Professor of Computer Science at North Carolina State University.
She has received a B.Sc. and a M.Sc., both in Applied Mathematics, from Moscow State University (Moscow, Russia), and has received an M.Sc. and a Ph.D., both in Computer Science, from Stanford University. At NCSU, Dr. Chirkova is Director of the NCSU CSC Laboratory for the Science of Technologies for End-to-End Enablement of Data (STEED), and Director of the NCSU site of the NSF I/UCRC Center for Hybrid Multicore Productivity Research (CHMPR). Dr. Chirkova’s research interests span information and knowledge management, algorithms and theory of computation, and data sciences and analytics, with applications including data wrangling, cyber security, and healthcare information technology.
- Algorithms and Theory of Computation
- Cyber Security
- Data Sciences and Analytics
- Health Care Information Technology
- Information and Knowledge Management
CSC Spring Courses
- CSC 540-001 LEC Database Mgmt Syst MW 1:30pm-2:45pm Room: 2124 Engineering Building 3
- CSC 540-601 LEC Database Mgmt Syst Room: Distance Education-Internet
- Senior Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) – 2012
- IBM Faculty Award – 2007, 2010, 1011, 2012, 2014
- IBM University Partnership Program Awards – 2003, 2004, 2007
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early CAREER Award – 2005
- Faculty Research and Professional Development Award (NCSU), 2003